Rules & Regulations
This event is not sponsored or affiliated with Game Developer Conference.
U.S. and International entrants welcome.
Only U.S. entrants will receive an Official KVGM Submission Kit.
International entrants will receive a digital download Submission Kit
Classrooms will receive 1 Submission Kit and will be emailed a digital download to print for each student.
Age limit is: ages 6-14 years old.
No purchase necessary, void where prohibited.
Only 1 entry per person, per Bloxels account.
Finalists are required to mail in their game box.
For additional questions regarding this event please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids as Video Game Makers will first encompass two weeks of building, testing, playing and sharing – where children 14 years and under will have the opportunity to submit games to our panel of judges and compete for our top prize: display and recognition of their game at Game Developers Conference, the worlds largest professional video game event, held in San Francisco each year.
This is a unique opportunity to be highlighted on the grand stage alongside major video game publishers, indie developers, and industry professionals.
Three winners will be selected by our judges, industry experts across games and learning (see list below) on the following criteria.
- Creativity (1-5 points)
- Level Design Challenge & Fun Factor (1-5 points)
- Storytelling (1-5 points)
- Unique Use of Toolset (1-5 points)
- Surprise (1-5 points)
The three KVGM2017 Top Creator's games will each receive a recognition certificate, a framed print of artwork from their game (which will also be on display at the Bloxels booth at GDC) and a t-shirt featuring the main character from their game.
Each KVGM2017 Top Creator will also receive a $250 stipend towards attending the awards event, or in the form of a check to contribute to their continued development in the video game design space.
- Monday: January 16, 2017 8a PST - KVGM17 officially launches! Contestants begin registering online.
- January 16th - February 17th - Create, design & build your game & submit.
- Friday, February 17th, 2017 at 11:59p PST - Submission Deadline for entries
- Monday, February 20th - Friday, February 24th - Judging Period
- Tuesday, February 28th 3p PST - Top Makers and Grand Prize Winner revealed in San Francisco at Game Developers Conference.
- Tuesday February, 28th - Friday, March 3rd - Top Makers Games on display at the Bloxels booth at the 31st Annual Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, California.
How to Submit Your Game
Once you have created your game, you must post it on the Infinity Wall and fill out the Submission Form at KVGM.bloxelsbuilder.com.
To submit your game on the Infinity Wall:
- Sign up for a Bloxels account (if you are under 13, be sure you get permission from your parents first)
- Be sure you're logged into your Bloxels account.
- Upload your creation on the Infinity Wall. (Watch the Infinity Wall Tutorial Video for help)
Your entry must be uploaded to the Infinity Wall, and the Submission Form completed before Friday, February 17th 11:59p PST.
Looking for inspiration? Check out our YouTube Channel for videos on some of the games we've highlighted recently.
Attending the Awards Event & Press Coverage
Check back here for more details on attending the Awards Event, which is currently scheduled to take place on Wednesday, March 1st at 3p PST at the Bloxels booth at GDC.
While space is limited, we encourage educators, press, kids and parents to inquire about attendance by emailing us at email@example.com
Interested in hosting an event like
this at your event space? Learn more