Download the 'Bloxels Builder' App
Bloxels Builder is now available on Apple, Android & Kindle phones and tablets.
See below for specific device support notes.
Buying a new device?
See our top recommended devices for affordability and compatibility here.
We are actively working on Bloxels Builder for PC & mac desktops/laptops and will update this page as we make progress on those platforms.
Apple Device Support
Apple phones and tablets running iOS 9.X & up...
- iPad 2 & up
- iPad Mini 1 & up
- iPhone 5 & up
For the best experience, we recommend the following devices, and to ensure you are running the latest operating system.
- iPhone 6+
- iPad Mini 2+
- iPad Air+
Android Device Support
Android phones and tablets running OS 4.2+ & up...
We strive to support Android tablets and phones with 1GB+ of RAM and a 2MP+ rear facing camera.
For best experience we recommend running Android Lollipop 5.X+
The following is a list of more common devices we support based on the specifications above, however not all have been tested. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having issues with these devices and we'll do our best to address these issues in coming updates.
- Google Nexus 7+, Nexus S, XOOM
- HTC One, Incredible S, Desire
- Lenovo A8-50, P90, A6000, A399, A850, P780
- Motorola Moto G, Droid Mini, Droid RAZR, Droid RAZR HD, Droid RAZR M MOTO G
- Samsung Galaxy Note3+, Galaxy S2+, Galaxy Tab 3+, Galaxy Tab Pro, Galaxy Tab S
- Nabi Dream Tab HD8
Kindle Device Support
Kindle phones and tablets running OS 4.2+ & up...
- Fire HD 10 (2015)
- Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2013, 2014), Fire HDX 8.9 (2013, 2014)
- Fire HD 8 (2015)
- Fire HD 6 (2014)
- Fire HD 7 (2014)
- Fire (2015)
- Fire Phone
Release Notes & Known Issues
Below are notes related to each version of the app that is available on the app store. The version may vary from app store to app store due to review and approval processes. If you find issues beyond those identified below please email us at email@example.com.
- v1.3.1 - See features, updates and bug fixes here
- v1.3 - See features, updates and bug fixes here
- v1.2.1 - See features, updates and bug fixes here
- v1.2 - See features, updates and bug fixes here
- v1.1.4 - See features, updates and bug fixes here
- v1.1.3 - See features, updates and bug fixes here
- v1.1.2 - See features, updates and bug fixes here
- v1.1 - initial release version
Having trouble running Bloxels on your device? Try these common troubleshooting tips:
- Check the device list above to ensure your device is supported.
- For best results, ensure you are running the latest operating system on your device, see operating system minimum requirements above.
- If you are still having problems, try force-restarting your Apple device or hard-restarting your Android device
- Close other currently runnings apps, especially those that might be taking up a lot of device memory like games or location apps
- Having problems with capture? While most devices running the current operating system will run Bloxels, some older devices with lower-end rear-facing cameras may have issues with the gameboard capture feature. Please also see our capture video tutorial for usage tips.
- Is the camera window black, initializing or upside down? If the camera window is black, you most likely missed the "enable camera?" question that displays on your device when you first run the app. You'll need to go into settings and enable the camera, you can learn more about how to do that here for Apple devices or here for Android Devices. If the camera is upside down, the device likely needs to be flipped over, and you may need to unlock screen rotation on you device to do so. We have the app setup to require the camera be at the top of the device, as it's more difficult to capture when the camera is on the bottom of the device.
- App stuck, unresponsive, or does something seem wrong? It may happen from time to time. Try restarting the app and it should fix the issue. Don't worry, your work is constantly saved.
- I'm using Bloxels at a school and can't access the Infinity Wall, any tips? Please see our Education FAQ for more info on this issue.
- Buying a new device? See our top recommended devices for affordability and compatibility here.